Heat pipe heat sink is composed of sealing tube, suction core and steam channel. The suction core is surrounded on the wall of the sealed tube and impregnated with saturated volatile liquid. The liquid can be distilled water, ammonia, methanol or acetone. The heat pipe heat sink filled with liquid such as ammonia, methanol and acetone still has good heat dissipation ability at low temperature. When the heat pipe heat sink is running, its evaporation section absorbs the heat generated by the heat source ( power semiconductor device, etc.), making the liquid in its wick boil to steam. The heated steam moves from the evaporating section of the heat pipe heat sink to its cooling section, where it condenses into a liquid. The condensed liquid is then returned to the evaporation section through the capillary action of the suction core on the wall, so as to repeat the above cycle process of continuous heat dissipation.
Compared with other traditional heat dissipation modes, heat pipe heat sink has the following advantages
● Heat pipe heat sink has fast thermal response speed, Its heat transfer capacity is more than 1,000 times greater than that of copper tubes of the same size and weight;
● Heat pipe heat sink Small size and light weight;
● High heat dissipation efficiency, can simplify the heat dissipation design of electronic equipment, such as variable air cooling for self-cooling;
● Heat pipe heat sink do not need external power supply, work without special maintenance;
● Has a good isothermal, thermal balance, the evaporation section and cooling section of the temperature gradient is quite small, can be approximately regarded as 0;
● Heat pipe heat sink is safe and reliable operation, does not pollute the environment.
Lori is heat pipe heat sink manufacturers with advanced heat pipe technology, looking for heat pipe heat sink or advance thermal solutions, please contact us, we provide custom heat pipe heat sink design and manufacturing and standard heatpipe heatsinks as following.